Tour de Singkarak 2009 was held for the first time in 29 April to 3 May 2009 under full sponsorship of Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Indonesia in order to promote tourism in West Sumatra. Tour de Singkarak 2009 attracted teams from 15 countries. The race covers 459 kilometres in five stages, lasted for seven days with total prize money 600 millions rupiah.
- Stage 1 Padang: 15.8 kilometres, start in Taman Budaya Padang.
- Stage 2a Padang—Pariaman: 84.5 kilometres
- Stage 2b, Pariaman— Muko-muko/Lake Maninjau : 90.6 kilometres
- Stage 3 Lake Maninjau—Bukittinggi: 51.3 kilometres
- Stage 4 Padangpanjang—Sawahlunto: 88.2 kilometres, start in front of Jam Gadang through Pagaruyung Palace
- Stage 5 Sawahlunto—Batusangkar: 102.4 kilometres
- Stage 6 Bukittinggi—Solok: 244.6 kilometres around Lake Singkarak.